HomeBOMEventsTeaching/SpeakingStudio HoursWebsiteEtsy

November 26, 2011

Annual Cookie Swap



It's that time of year again... time to get the Holidays in motion with one of my fav events that I host for my girlfriends!  My annual Holiday Cookie Swap.  

The last couple of days I have been tweaking my invite and am pleased to say they will be going out in the mail on Monday to all my swappers!  My swap is always held on the second weekend (typically on Saturday) of December.  This give the gals plenty of time to nibble on cookies with any guests they have prior to the Holidays or freeze them to use during the Holidays.  

Since it has been rather busy around here - I have not taken the time to research my cookie for this year.  I typically have numerous qualifications that it has to meet (I'm pretty picky)!  LOL!  It needs to taste delish, bake up nicely and especially look pretty packaged etc..  Since I also cook a full meal from apps to desserts... it also has to be doable.  I don't mind a little challenge - but I have to be able to bake them on Friday with "no fear of fail"!

For some reason... I have jumped right from designing the invite to thinking about my packaging.  (Ya - I'm crazy!)  Anyway, I think that is the funnest part!  I LOVE creative packaging!  So - if any of you have a yummy cookie recipe you would love to share or a cool packaging idea... Pop it to me!  I would be happy to share it on here with others who might enjoy it as well!

Back to cookie swap planning!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Glad to see you posting again! I love holiday baking. It's some of my best memories growing up baking with my Mom and sister. Have a great holiday, Karen in Nebraska

Miss Stacy said...

Hey Karen! I am back! I have really missed it... just had to keep the work burners burning! LOL! I, too, loved baking with my mom and Great Grandmother! Good memories!!! Happy Holidays!

Willow Lake Stitches said...

Hi Stacy,

Best of luck with your Cookie Swap ! It sounds like so much fun !

Well, since you asked.... HERE is my favorite cookie recipe, one of my Mom's ..

Mom’s Mint Surprise Cookies

Beth Cole Luverne, North Dakota

Sift together :

½ tsp. salt
3 cups flour
1 tsp soda


Cream together :
1 cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup margarine
2 eggs
1tsp. Vanilla

Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture & mix well. Refrigerate overnight or for several hours.

Take a teaspoon of dough, insert a round chocolate mint wafer in the middle, and cover up with dough. ( an Andes mint will work too ) Place a pecan half on top, put on a greased cookie sheet, bake 10 - 12 minutes in a 350 degree oven
--------------------------------

now, these aren't really Christmas-looking cookies.... but they ARE delicious (esp. when warm)! ( and my family's favorite ! )

now... for more recipes and I'm sure there are packaging ideas on there too, have you been on Pinterest? o my gosh... I haven't even looked at any other "board" on there except the DIY & Craft board ( I haven't even BEEN on the recipe board yet !) and I think I found all my Thanksgiving recipes, and this upcoming Christmas recipes and gift ideas from there ! It is alot of fun to 'peruse' to say the least! If you haven't been there... let me know and I can send you an invite... I'm not affiliated with them, I just really think it's awesome..

Happy Birthday...

Beth

Miss Stacy said...

Hey Beth - Thanks so much for the recipe! Taste is huge! They sound just like ones my grandma's sister used to make! I will be trying them either way for sure!

I just started on Pinterest. It is so amazing... I could be on there for hours if I had the time. It kills me to think - why didn't I think of something like that? That is such a cool idea! We should focus and come up with the next best thing! LOL!

Off to work... Have a great day! Thanks for the bday greeting!
Stacy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...